Chief Security & Technology Officer
Anthony King is the Chief Security & Technology Officer and most recently was the Raytheon Missile Systems’ Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Director of IT Security/Governance, Risk, & Compliance responsible for fostering business relationships and integrating cyber security technologies and best practices to achieve strategic business goals from 2009-2016. Anthony is also the President and founder of Associated Konsultants with over 30 years of technical and business experience in computer and engineering environments, including 20+ years’ experience in management.
Throughout his career, Anthony has held senior positions such as Chief Information Officer, Vice President, Director of Software & Engineering Systems, Engineering Department Manager, Senior Project Manager, and Owner of a personal consulting company. A few accomplishments from these and similar roles include having:
- Generated $70M for a client through designing and developing a proprietary software program used in over 40 countries, which measures human behavior to make informed personnel decisions (Associated Konsultants, Inc.).
- Fueled $100M in revenue and propelled staff growth to 300+ employees within 3 years by reengineering the corporate technology infrastructure to meet FDA regulations (Ventana Medical Systems, Inc.).
- Improved product quality and reduced time-to-market through the implementation of the Product and Cycle Time Excellence (PACE) process and product management methodology.
- Led the proposal team in the 1st competitive contract win for the $50M Guided Missile Test System project (Hughes Missiles Systems).
- Earned Software Engineering Institute’s (SEI) Capability Maturity Model (CMM) Level 4 rating in less than 2 years.
Featured in “Computerworld”, “CIO Magazine”, “Inside Tucson Business” and on KGUN 9 News, Anthony is an experienced speaker and trainer. Anthony has also been a keynote speaker at many national industry conferences across North America and has presented multiple seminars during Tucson’s Small Business Week events. He is a member of the Arizona Chapter of InfraGard, ACTRA-Arizona Cyber Threat Response Alliance, Tucson Computer Society, and CITA-Community Information and Telecommunications Alliance.
Anthony received his Bachelor of Science degree in Workforce Education and Development from Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois along with a 4-year Certificate in Electronics and Computer Technology from De Vry Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois.
He also holds GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC); GIAC – Information Security Professional (GISP), and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certifications. Away from work, Anthony enjoys traveling with his wife, spending time with his 16 grandchildren, and off-roading.